HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Veterans Day Parade, Meadowmere Park

The Veterans Day Parade was organized by Kathleen Thompson at 3000 Meadwomere Park on Lake Grapevine and there was Brunch following that.

Throughout my public life, I have rarely missed honoring our Veterans, every speech I give, including the Pluralism prayers that I offer at City Halls and in public places, I usually end up saluting our Veterans and honoring our men and women in uniform committed to defend, and willing to risk their lives to safeguard our freedom.  I even dedicated the Muslim festival of sacrifice, Eid Al-Adha for them at http://theghousediary.blogspot.com/2012/10/feeback-on-police-on-eid-in-louisville.html my own brother in Law Noor Mohamed is a veteran in India and have always had respect for his service.

It is Ironic that I have taken pictures of LBJ Freeway, with no car on it, I bet it has never happened in its 40 year history,  and the same goes with ramp off Hwy 121 veering off into 114. After that joy of no traffic, I take wrong exits and go in endless circles to reach 3000 Meadwomere Park, when everyone was gone. Guess what? I did to not check the event in full, I could have gone for the brunch after that. Its bloody arrogance that I know my Metroplex well, that I did not use my GPS, I just winged it, and did not make it in time.

Kathleen Thompson had organized the event and invited to the parade. Kathleen is a rising star in Democratic politics, she is a remarkable volunteer, she was at the Election Night Rally and she was at final debate watch event at Angelica Theater. From what I am learning about her, she speaks her mind and that is in short supply. I pray she pursues and succeeds in politics. 

On my part, I am a moderate Republican and a moderate Muslim committed to a build a pluralistic America where every American (eventually) feels at home in every situation and in every place , and I do. I am comfortable in a Temple, Synagogue, Pagans, Church, Mosque, Wicca, Native America and every human God has created with full respect. I am home with Democrats, Republican and Libertarians - as I have to respect the otherness of other and accept the God given uniqueness of each one of the 7 billion of us on this planet.

---------------
THIS NOTE IS DEDICATED TO (facebook, and I am pleased to share the responses from two colonels)
Col Yogeshwar Dayal from India and Col Sher Suleman from Pakistan, Col Ken Scarborough my friend on facebook, and my Brother in-Law Jawan Noor Mohamed from Bangalore, India - all Veterans and have served their country well. O
fcourse, it is dedicated to our Veterans.


Sher Suleman Bless you, Mike; I sure am pleased to be remembered by an exalted and an inspiring humanitarian. I am learning to grow in your footsteps. However, I wouldn't have missed that 'Brunch'; I really felt sorry for you! Profound regards.

Col Yogeshwar Dayal Thank you very much Mike, for having remembered those who spent their yesterday in defending the borders of their country... it is because you have a clean and sincere heart... which pumps such emotions as well in your mind... I appreciate your determination that inspite of all the odd situations...... you made the event going..Please accept my sincere regards from the bottom of my heart... God bless you...!!

MikeGhouse is a speaker, thinker and a writer on pluralism, politics, peace making, foreign policy, Islam, interfaith, and cohesion at work place or social settings. He is committed to building a Cohesive America and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day at www.TheGhousediary.com. Mike has a strong presence on national local TV, Radio and Print Media, and is a frequent guest on Sean Hannity show on Fox TV, and a commentator on national radio networks, he contributes weekly to the Texas Faith Column at Dallas Morning News, fortnightly at Huffington post, and several other periodicals across the world. His personal site www.MikeGhouse.net indexes everything you want to know about him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment