HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Flight 2012: A Denzel Washington film

The movie has got everything in it, romance, excitement, action, nudity, pensiveness, relationships and more.  If you are in a mood to feel philosophical and want to reflect upon life,  go see it. It is indeed a great movie!  It’s got five key points that captured my imagination; Fighting Alcoholism, relationships, drug addiction, telling the truth, and sticking to the greater truth. 


There is nothing greater than the truth; indeed, it is the truth that keeps the society bonded together.  I have always believed in law of Karma, meaning you cannot get away without telling the truth.  Truth ultimately triumphs, as Mahatma Gandhi had said. This movie reaffirms that truth is the reality, and truth is a dominant force of the society, people do get away with smaller lies, but everyone has to struggle with the truth, it defines a person.  

I have always wondered about the salvation and its three forks; repentance, forgiveness and self-punishment and I see the self punishment part as a way out to be free. Indeed, that is the last dialogue of the film.
It is great movie to wander about in the world of imagination. There is a senseless conversation in the stair well of the hospital between a cancer patient, a drug addict and Alcoholic, the senseless conversation makes sense, if you have been around people affected by the three. 

Denzel’s girl friend is a drug addict with needles and all… and she asks the alcoholic to go to AA and takes him to one of the AA meetings and wants him to give up alcohol.  It’s like the kettle calling the pot black. The romance between the two is beautifully expressed in little caring and nurturing and feeling guilt.

One of my closest buddies died of alcoholism, I saw so much of him in the character played by Denzel Washington, the denial, the running away from it and all… I am always amazed the acting talent and the ability of the directors to project how one feels or reacts. A good movie is where one flows with it.  My friend Jameel has been on my mind since I saw the movie, he was my closest friend. He did not tell me the truth, and I knew he did not, but I let him and gave him money, knowing he will sink it all in alcohol. I have never been able to answer that question to myself. 

Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_%282012_film%29 "Flight is a 2012 American drama film directed and co-produced by Robert Zemeckis and featuring an ensemble cast including Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle, Melissa Leo, Bruce Greenwood, Kelly Reilly, and John Goodman." Great acting!
 --------

Mike Ghouse is a speaker, thinker and a writer on pluralism, politics, peace making, foreign policy, Islam, Israel, India, Pakistan, interfaith, and cohesion at work place or social settings. He is committed to building a Cohesive America and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day at www.TheGhousediary.com 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment