HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Friday, November 2, 2012

Today, I voted for Barack Obama

URL - http://theghousediary.blogspot.com/2012/11/today-i-voted-for-barack-obama.html

Don’t let your civility be ruined by politics. Congratulations if you have voted for either of candidate, passion is good, hate is not. Even though it is a private matter, a few of us share whom we voted for and I will share my list. Hate me or love me, I am an open book. If you can congratulate your friend who voted the candidate you did not like, then you are a person worth talking to.

Its worth mentioning that my friend Ken Scarborough and I are Republicans on the opposite ends of the spectrum, we see our differences and let it pass. I appreciate that. I urge you to read my piece - protect yourselves from politics at
http://theghousediary.blogspot.com/2012/10/protect-yourselves-from-politics.html

My voting is mostly Republican, a few Democrats, and certainly Barack Obama and Joe Biden. In the past, I was straight line Republican except the President and the Governor.
Ted Cruz is really not a right winger, he is more to the center and rationality does touch him, meaning he will listen to another point of view and can intellectually argue with you, unlike Michelle Bachman and a few others, who do not make any sense even to a high school kid.

Met the Democratic congressional Candidate Tim Rusk, really like him as a person, but he was not enthused about himself. So I stayed with Kenny Marchant, even though I have not agreed with Kenny on a few issues. If he gets out of hand, we can reason with him.

There were two more candidates in judicial district, I cannot recall their name but I voted for them. A few places were uncontested by either Republicans or Democrats. There were several libertarians… and unfortunately, I did not take the time to learn about them and I am sure they are doing their work.

Here is my list,

D Barack Obama Joe Biden
R Ted Cruz
R Kenny Marchant
R Craddick
R Commissioner
R Don Willett
R John Devine
D Michelle Petty
D Keith Hampton
_ Barbara Parker Harvey
_ Elsa Alcla
R Pat Hardy
R John Carona
D Rafael Anchia
R Carolyn Wright
D Dan Wood
R Jim Moseley
R David Lewis
R Molly Francis
R Doug Lang
R Bob Fillmore
D Eric Moye
R John Devine
R Mike Lee
R Tom Nowak
D Lupe Valdez

I was going to vote on the day itself, but in the last minute, I could not hold myself, I just had to go and do my duty to my nation.

If you are still undecided, please take a look at a few pieces in support of Obama, I have written 60 pieces about him, and 40 about Romney. You know Romney was my choice, until he started flip flopping and I lost him. Not sure what he stands for.

Huffington post; Choice between Chaotic Romney and Stable Obama

Dallas Morning News: Do we thirst for political leaders
http://theghousediary.blogspot.com/2012/10/texas-faith-do-we-thirst-too-much-for.html

60 Pieces on Barack Obama
http://theghousediary.blogspot.com/2012/08/president-obama-articles-since-2008.html

40 Pieces on Mitt Romney
http://theghousediary.blogspot.com/2012/10/mitt-romney-by-mike-ghouse.html


MikeGhouse is a speaker, thinker and a writer on pluralism, politics, peace making, foreign policy, Islam, interfaith, and cohesion at work place or social settings. He is committed to building a Cohesive America and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day at www.TheGhousediary.com. Mike has a strong presence on national local TV, Radio and Print Media, and is a frequent guest on Sean Hannity show on Fox TV, and a commentator on national radio networks, he contributes weekly to the Texas Faith Column at Dallas Morning News, fortnightly at Huffington post, and several other periodicals across the world. His personal site www.MikeGhouse.net indexes everything you want to know about him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment