HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Parenting is a joy!


Never have I screamed at my kids nor have I raised my hands on them,  I understand discipline is needed, but my father disciplined me by just looking at me with disappointment… and that had straightened me out, I did the same to my kids and now I see my son Jeff do the same to his son Jayden.

When Jayden (2 and half years old) refuses to do anything, Jeff starts logic with him. Towards the end of his argument he asks, Daddy is disappointed in you, do you like that? He would say no, then he will suggest, if you do that Daddy will not be disappointed, right?  And I hear a Yes.

It was so good to see him reason with the kids (other one is only 2 months old). Fern is inculcating good eating habits for Jayden, she gives him veggies, food and fruits, and he loves it.    

With each successive generation, parenting is getting better in terms of spending quality time with their offspring.  My Dad spent about fifth of the time my son spends with his kids, and I probably did half of the time he does.
I am going to visit them once a month and I love spending time with them. 

Jayden hangs on to me for the time I am there and wants me to read or tell him the stories. I have cooked up a few stories that I told Jeff and Mina and now the same stories are going to grandkids. He is a therapy to me! I forget everything when I am with him.  If you don’t have a kid, spend time with your nephews and nieces or grand nephew and nieces, life becomes so much more meaningful.






Jeff, my son is a darn good father, and Fern my daughter in law is an excellent and calm mother, and I love the way they team up in handling Jayden with reasoning and logic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment