HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Fathers Day



HAPPY FATHER’S DAY

This morning, I dutifully I dedicated about half an hour to reflect on my father, and a few minutes to pray and express my gratitude to my late father, Abdul Rahman.  I am blessed to have a great Dad, an affectionate and caring father who opened many windows of knowledge for me.

I live by many examples he left for us to emulate – honor your promises, what you appear is what you are. He was forgiving, always inclined to mitigate conflicts and nurture goodwill in my town I grew up – he did not have a barrier between him and another human being – he was a caring man.  Rarely did I see him get angry and I thanks for passing on some those genes.  

My 2nd duty of prayers was for my father figure Everett Blauvelt who passed away last year at 97. He opened to door for me to come to the United States. He was very caring and very sensitive – and of course we were friends more than the deferential relationships.

Both the men had great attitudes towards life and I am blessed to emulate them.
I have written several articles about these men, a few of them are listed here.

1. http://theghousediary.blogspot.com/2013/06/happy-fathers-day.html

My heart goes out to those who did not have a good relationship with their father but, despite that they survived,  and give that affection to their offspring and service to others.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment