HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christian Brother | Muslim Brother

I hear people saying “I am a Christian” and I just read a letter where a Muslim wrote to the other, “One of the Muslim Brothers is in it”…. As if truth and honesty comes with a religious label. I expect every one to be truthful regardless of his/her faith, indeed that is a requirement to live without fear of the other in a civil society.

Years ago, my old man said, Son, if someone says trust me I am a good ______, watch him out if he is using religion to have you believe in him. A small percentage of people lie whether they are religious or not, and the man or woman of the pulpit is as susceptible to be dishonest as any one else.

Are they assuming that just because one is Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Jew or other, they should be automatically trusted?  What is the need to invoke Religion?  

Mike Ghouse

No comments:

Post a Comment