HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Sunday, May 27, 2012

DFW International Festival, May 26, 2012

DFW International Festival, Arts District Dallas 5/26/12

Sunday, May 26, 2012 | Picture quiz at the end
Other Pictures - 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeghouse/sets/72157629921694462/show/

Ann Marie Weiss is the founder and president of the DFW International way back in mid-nineties; she has dedicated her last twenty years in  making DFW international a cultural voice of the City. Just about every cultural organization is a part of DFW international. If you are not part of the DFW International, then you don’t exist (analogous to the famous saying my friend Mr. DD Maini says, if you have not seen Lahore, you are not born at all).
Congratulations to Anne Marie Weiss and congratulation to our City – we are indeed an international city with ever increasing cultural and religious diversity. I took some pictures of the skyline around the festival spot… I took the pictures of the beautiful sky from where the festival was held.  I have not had a chance to stop and smell the roses – called Dallas. It was really nice to take time to see and experience Dallas.

It was nice to be a part of the big event today, though we had the booth, we did not staff it, but I visited in the morning and again in the evening, and it‘s an incredibly successful event. Booths were organized by nations, cultures and cuisines… There were nearly ten booths representing America, we were one of them, the America Together Foundation.

I remember the days when it began at her house, we used to meet at her house in North Dallas and then in Lake Highlands. However, I have been busy developing and bringing people together since 1993 on a variety of events – The Thanksgiving Celebrations started in 1994, then Unity Day since 2005 and the Holocaust and Genocides reflections in 2006.

There is one extraordinary picture in the 15 pictures… I think I am going to enter the picture into a competition..... Can you recognize the picture? Years ago, I had taken another picture like that randomly… no one could believe that Dallas could look like that on a foggy morning with no one on the street, just me, my camera, sun and the buildings. The one, who points the special about this picture, will have the old picture dedicated to him or her on facebook.

Mike Ghouse 


No comments:

Post a Comment