HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Siri is a breath of fresh air on Road directions


Siri is a breath of fresh air | The Ghouse Diary.com

 When you turn on the phone for directions, it is Siri who gives you directions to your destination.  In the last four days, I have taken too many wrong turns and have gone on in circles and have surprised myself how I ended up where I started… and the destination also starts getting farther.  I was driving to Bethesda, MD, and it was 18 miles and from the Capitol and I ended up driving 33 Miles.

Washington Roads are like the Politicians who flip, take sharp turns, and abruptly end into one way…  I don’t know if the roads are designed to reflect the politicians or politicians caused the roads to be testy.


That is why, Siri*** is breath of fresh air. She was exceptionally good throughout the day, when she tells me to take the left turn, and I miss it… she does not even comment or scream at me,  instead she pleasantly tells me to take the next left turn at the next intersection!  

How delightful!  If it were a typical husband, wife, father, daughter or mother… they will shout – “You missed it” “how many times do I have to tell you to pay attention” “did it again” “get me out of here” and guess what, the more drama, the more mistakes you make. Thank God for your patience, you successfully resisted screaming back to shut the up.  
 

Once my daughter, whom I taught driving, screamed at me, “Dad, stop, the light is Red” what do I do? I give the gas and almost had a head on collision.  My good friend did the same too once. I will not say a word about the wife.

We all can learn a lesson from Siri.  She trusts you are still driving and does not say a word and simply moves on. When the driver makes the mistake, don’t make a big deal, just shut up and let the driver drive. The man or woman is already panicky, and don’t add insult to it by your criticism.

On my part, when I am the passenger, I will not panic, nor do I say a word or attempt to put imaginary breaks.  It is called “trusting” - the most difficult thing to do. How many of you trust your loved ones?

Yes, you should not trust each other, if you are screaming at each other. 

Mike is a speaker, thinker, writer, pluralist, TV-Radio commentator and a human rights activist committed to building cohesive societies and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day. His info in 63 links at MikeGhouse.net and writings at TheGhouseDiary.com 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment