HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Interfaith picture of the month - a Monk and a Hijabi

Interfaith Pictures Monk and Hijabi | InterfaithSpeaker.com 


Tuesday, February 9, 2016, Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C., --
As I was walking from the Jefferson Library of Congress towards my office on Maryland Avenue, I saw a unique activity happening on the road in front of Capitol Hill.

A Muslim Hijabi (scarf over head) girl was taking picture of a Buddhist monk; I thought that was unique, as the Monks usually refrain from taking pictures. I guess America does it to everyone; Supreme Court was behind in the picture.  I grabbed my cell phone, and took a quick shot of it. 

As I walked closer to them, the role was reversed, and now the Monk is taking the picture of the woman in scarf. 




It is common for tourists to stop the person walking by to ask him/her to take the picture.  A monk and a Hijabi girl together?

I walked up to them and told them how unique it was to see those taking pictures of each other. She was from Indonesia and he was from Burma.

Burma?  The image that comes up is the extremist violent Buddhist Monks who are raping and pillaging the local Rohingya Muslims, and the other image is the Protest they held some ten years ago, tens of thousands of them walking in peace to protest against dictatorship. These are two contrasting images and I have written about both the incidents at TheGhousediary.com

This has been my fight all my life – not to stereotype people. In every community, every neighborhood, you will find the good, bad and ugly behaviors. 
Mike Ghouse
Text or Talk at (214) 325-1916

Dr. Mike Ghouse is a community consultant, social scientist, thinker, writer, news maker, and a speaker on PluralismInterfaithIslampolitics,terrorismhuman rightsIndiaIsrael-Palestine and foreign policy. He is committed to building cohesive societies and offers pluralistic solutions on issues of the day. Visit him in 63 links at www.MikeGhouse.net for his writings at TheGhousediary.com and several blogs listed there in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment