HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Tribute to Dr. Muhammad Khalid

A TRIBUTE TO DR. MUHAMMAD KHALID

Inna Lillahi O Inna Ilaihi Ur raje-oon – from God we come and to God we go.
Dr. Khalid was battling with cancer for a while, and today, he passed away.

His funeral prayers will be held at Richardson Mosque, 840 Abrams Road, Richardson, TX 75080 after the Noon prayers around 1:45 PM – it’s at intersection of Spring Valley and Abrams Road. Thanks to Brother Muhammad Suleman for sharing this information.

                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------



Dr. Khalid has been a significant part of the community, and I have known him for nearly twenty years. I have a lot of great memories to share and hope to share them in the coming few weeks.

The First Dallas’s Desi paper was Asian News, and he attended the inauguration event and spoke, we have had a major Cricket Tournament in 1996, and Khalid was there. We opened the Radio – Asian News Radio, the forerunner to the Radio business in Dallas in 1996, and he was there in the discussions. He spoke at the first Holocaust and Genocides commemoration in Dallas by Muslims. Then he was a part of several Desi Thanksgiving Celebrations, and he was a part of it, indeed, he would hang out till the end and dance to the music with his Cowboy boots.

Indeed, he was instrumental in drafting the constitution of the Pakistan Society and the meetings were held at my Hillcrest office for a year.

Together we organized the first Unity Day USA event to commemorate the 9/11, and he has been a part of the event every year except in the last few years.

This man has done a lot of good work and may Allah present him with the best place under his grace. Alhamdu Lillah.


Mike Ghouse

1 comment:

  1. Stacy Ogier HancockMarch 29, 2014 at 1:46 PM

    I was sad when I heard Dr. Khalid passed away. When I was just out of college and living in Dallas he treated me for migraine headaches. He really spent time listening and trying to help me understand what might be triggering my pain and how we could control that instead of just prescribing medications. We left Dallas in 1987. My daughter has migraines and lives in Dallas now- I was hoping she could see Dr. Khalid too and that's when I heard he had died. He was a dear man and really made a difference in the quality of my life. I will pray for his family and those who loved him

    ReplyDelete