HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Redneck woman on the plane

.
July 6th, 2009:- I was in a plane the other day sitting next to a 70 year old lady reading a book on how to get out of a Mormon Church. I asked her about the book and she said, she was a born again Christian and would live for Jesus who gave his blood.

It beats me to witness individuals like her. A few insecure individuals from different denominations of Christianity gang up on Mormon church and give a fatwa that Mormons are not Christians, an act Jesus would have spoken against. The same goes with a few Muslim individuals who love to declare Ahmadiyya as non-Muslims, which is absolutely against the principles of Islam; to judge. The Jewish individuals are not behind either they call them self-hating Jews. It is in every religious group with no exception.

Being a Pluralist (that is respecting and honoring every which way one appreciates the creator) I asked her what in particular that she did not like about other faiths? - Without batting an eye, she said "don't like them other religions messing up my country". I asked her to help me understand that.

She was trying to wiggle out of that, instead she caught me scrolling my cell phone and said in a stern voice "The pilot said to turn off all the electronic equipment and I don't want the plane be blown up, you better turn the phone off" I complied instantly.

Then a few minutes later, the pilot announced, something I had never heard before "to pull the window shades down". Promptly the window shades were going down on my side of the plane and the lady looks at me, and reluctantly pulls the shade half way down. A few seconds later while we were taxiing on the runway, the announcement came to keep the seat belts on until the plane comes to a full halt. She had already taken off her seat belt and now she looks at me with guilt and I put my hand on my fastened seat belt - and she instantly pulls the seat belt and pretends to fasten it, but leaves it un-fastened under her book. I did not say a word and just observed, aren't the people who claim to be conservative are simply a show off?

I was wondering what would she have done, if I had said I was a Muslim.

I have found most of the NEOCONS; the men and women who have no tolerance for others, and their insecurity falsely seeks the wrong actions like annihilating those whom they disagree with and the word dialogue is not in their vocabulary. They also wrongfully label themselves as conservatives, if only they know that they are bigots, they may think about changing, I hope they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment