HOME
: | SPECIAL NOTE : Please feel free to share and publish any of my articles, and kindly credit the author, thank you.

PROFILES - Google-12 Million | Personal | Interfaith Speaker : OldNew | Muslim Speaker : OldNew | Motivational Speaker | CV

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

My first Yom Kippur Service

 Washington, D.C., Lincoln Memorial.
September 22, 2015
Although I am involved with Jews and Judaism for a long time, and been to Synagogues, done most things... this was my first Yom Kippur attendance.
As usual I felt home with the group, I did not know the songs, but the idea is same whether it is Muslims singing Milaad, Hindus singing Bhajans, Sikhs singing Shabad or Christians doing Carols... the spirit is same, you feel at peace, connected with the self and some time sanctimonious.

The Rabbi from Philadelphia floored me, this would have been clearly my sermon - conversation revolving around building cohesive societies, justice and accountability. I fully connected with his sermon, he will share it soon, then you can see our expressions are so similar.

He was all praise for Pope and indeed said similar things I have said and written about Pope Francis.

I am writing for the 1000th time, Judaism and Islam are mirror images of each other. Sadly, like all other religions, these two are no exceptions in having people claim to follow the faith, but really they do not. If every follower of every religion follows his or her religion, there will not be any problem.

In the pictures, I have taken a picture of the card I filled, as every one was asked to fill.
Good experience, thanks to my friend Ilan Leibowitz for inviting me.

Article about Yom Kippur is similar the talks I have heard today. 







No comments:

Post a Comment