What is freedom?
Is it freedom from bondage?
Remember how "hate" is binding. Whenever someone mentions about that class mate, office mate, the parent or the ex, your blood pressure goes up, anger grips you and you go into imaginary violence.
You wish that person disappears.
Who is your real enemy? It is yourselves.
That other person is not infront of you,
nor is he or she standing with a sword,
gun or a bat to knock you down.
It is all in your own mind and
you are really bonded to that person.
How do you un-bond and get freedom?
1) You have to have a strong desire to be free
2) Your quest is solely freedom
3) Forgive the other person in your own mind and heart
4) Ask for forgiveness If you were partly responsible
5) Share the feelings with a close friend
6) Seek God's blessing if you are a theist
7) Figure out a strategy if you were to encounter him or her
8) If that person is capable of harming you, figure out a strategy.
9) Be inclined to mitigate conflicts and nurture goodwill.
When it come to your negative bonding with a group...
All you have to do is consciously drop bias, malice and streotyping towards others, and then you light the same flame in other hearts. There is so much joy in life to be had. May you be blessed with Moksha, Mukti, Nijaat, Salvation, Nirvana and freedom.
Mike Ghouse is a Speaker, Thinker, Writer, Moderator and a Blogger on Pluralism, Interfaith, civil societies, Terrorism, Peace, Islam, and India. His comments, news analysis and columns can be found on the Websites and Blogs listed at his personal website www.MikeGhouse.net . Mike is a conflict mitigator and a goodwill nurturer. The theme is consistent in his speeches, writings and workshops he conducts.